Wednesday, October 27, 2010

to do list...




My 28th birthday is FAST APPROACHING! (Nov 4th)… and, I’m excited, but this birthday will be different than my past birthdays. I’ve lost a lot of friends while going through my divorce. My family is busier with life and I’m not even sure if we will do a dinner. It seems like my normal month long of celebrations, will be cut short this year. I’m trying to get over it… Sniff Sniff… (I’m a Scorpio okay… I’m dramatic!) I am excited about one thing though, my mom and I are planning a trip Disneyland, just us girls, and I’m excited about that. I’m just trying to focus on the positive of what I do have, versus the negative of what I don’t have.
Recently I was inspired by a fellow blogger, The Unlikely Oilfield Wife to start up a list of things I want to do before I'm 30. I'm 27 now (almost 28), and I think these are all goals that are reasonable and could happen by the time I'm 30

Run a marathon
Really start my business
Move to a different, newer, fresher apartment
Take a photography class
Take a Zumba Class
Take a class to learn to play the guitar
Take a class to learn to learn to play the piano
Really REALLY think hard about getting a tattoo, and decide if I’m going to do it or not and either do it, or let the idea go... lol
Be okay with being alone, and I mean doing things alone, going to a restaurant, or the movies, or whatever, but to be able to be alone and do it
Have money in my stinking savings account!
Go get my make up done at the Mac counter! I've always wanted to do that! and I never had a reason to!!
Learn how to make my skin look amazing, and learn how to do my make up so it looks like a pro did it every day!
Crash someone's Prom! I never went to mine, and I've always wanted to go to one!!!
Make good homemade Ice Cream
Plan a camping trip.
Enroll in college and start working on finishing my degree.
Finalize my divorce!!!
This past year I lost about 50 lbs, I would like to lose about 40 more, I’ve been stuck at this weight for the past 6 months, and I’d like to finally get motivated with myself and get this weight off.

These are a bunch of things that I think about on an almost daily basis, so, I’m going to stop thinking, and start doing!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the comment! You're totally right - any bit of negativity or imbalance in relationships in our life, we should just let it go! Rooting for you as you go through your divorce. It always a relief to have things finalized.

    ooh your 30 before 30 sound awesome! If we were in person I'd totally help you finish some of those - in fact I might go to zumba today at the gym.

    You should totally add to my 30 after 30 contest/list, you have great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post too?! I love your list, especially crashing a prom and making home made ice cream.

    Now I REALLY want some ice cream, damn you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason you missed it is because when I changed my blog name, it didn't automaticly change your list with my new blog. :(... but its all good... I got you back! :)

    and SORRY about the ice cream! I'll invite you to Cali to share a bowl with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm debating calling the husband and making him stop for some ice cream on his way home lol. Glad you're back on my google reader!!

    ReplyDelete