Monday, September 19, 2011

Body Image Change

Lately my relationship with food and my body has changed in such a positive way!!! Here are some examples. Usually I wake up and I'm ready for breakfast and coffee. Now, I hardly think about eating until around 9:00, instead of the normal 6:30! For a while I would have a huge plate of fruit at my desk because i would get so hungry so quickly. Now, I bring and apple or an orange, and i may or may not eat it. My mouth hurts from chewing, and I'm only eating normal sized meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Something happened when I started admitting I had a problem! It was as if I were in jail, and as soon as I was honest with myself, the bars came down, and I feel free! Now I'm eating for fuel, and not for comfort, or joy, or sadness, or because its time.

I've been walking and running almost every day, and I'm not losing pounds, but I'm definitely sliming down, and looking better in my clothes. I no longer have a "pounds to loose goal" because i see that the number doesn't always matter, now I have goals about what I want to see slim down (my tummy... from having that big ole baby of mine!) and over toned in my whole body. I'm not very interested about losing my size, as i am losing the mommy tummy bulge. The MOST important thing is feeling happy and confident and knowing that I'm looking good, and I should be proud of what I've accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome Heather, I'm jealous!! I can't seem to stop looking at the scale, something I never did before earlier this year. I've started running too and it's amazing how it makes a difference. They say it's the best way to beat belly fat. Too bad you don't live closer, we could be workout buddies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be pretty awesome! I so need a work out buddy!!!! I read this book called Raw Diet: life force energy. I'm not following the raw diet movement. But it really did help me to see food differently. I highly recommend reading it because I feel like that was a turning point for me... and I only read half way through the book!

    -Heather... for some reason it won't let me post my comments as my self. Weird!!

    ReplyDelete