Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A moment of POWER....

Today, I had this great moment of power, and now I can’t get over it!!! It’s like the best adrenaline rush + a great boost of confidence and energy! I’m very proud of myself! So here is what happened! I happen to work with my boyfriend (the Guitar Hero) it’s going on 10 months now, which is pretty good! I’m pretty happy, but of course I have my days where I get extremely irritated with The Guitar Hero because he is a guy, and guys are dense! There, I said it! Now it’s out in the open and we are all on the same page! So, lately I feel like we’ve been doing whatever he wants to do, and sometimes he wants to do boring things! He plans every day, and his plans include sitting in his car in a parking lot for lunch. That is cool sometimes, but not every day. So, today he calls me and this is how the convo goes:




GH: “Hey, its .50 pizza day, so do you want a slice, and we can sit in the car? I’m taking a 30 min lunch, so it’s up to you if you want to go or not, I know you cantake an hour.”

Me: “uhhhhh”

GH: “oh, ur trying to be healthy right? Okay well you don’t have to have pizza, but I’m going to have a slice, then take a 30 min lunch in the parking lot. It’s up to you if you want to go”

Me: “yea, I don’t want pizza, I was going to have a spinach salad with turkey breast, and I don’t want to eat salad in the car, it’s kind of hard, so I’ll just eat at my desk. Just do whatever you’re going to do, and I’ll do whatever I’m going to do”

GH: “Bwahahahahaaa… ur so funny, are you saying ‘I don’t want to play your reindeer games, I want you to play my reindeer games’”

Me: “ummm… I guess… I am not trying to play reindeer games, I just don’t want to sit in the car for 30 mins doing what YOU want to do. I think I’m going to target, I need to go do something fun for my hour”

GH: “Well, you leave the plans up to me, and now you aren’t happy because they aren’t fun… UGH!”



So, he got all mad that his plans are lame, and my plans are AWESOME! AND I couldn’t be happier about it. I just feel like lately all we do is whatever he wants, if he wants me to go to lunch with him to run his errands I do, if he wants me to just chill with him, I do. If he wants me to bring lunch from home for both of us, I do. It’s all about him and what he wants, and I get really frustrated and take it out on him. But the thing I realized today is that I have power. I have the power to do what I WANT TO DO, and I can do what is going to make me happy, and happy HEATHER is a better HEATHER!!! So, I just felt really good about making plans for myself that are going to make me happy. I need to stop worrying about him; I need to stop taking care of him! I’m not his mom or wife, I’m just his girlfriend! And you know what, he doesn’t go out of his way for me, and he doesn’t do whatever I want him to do. If I have “lame” plans in his eyes, then he makes his own plans. So, I’m going to start doing the same! It feels good to not rely on him to make me happy! I NEED TO MAKE MYSLEF HAPPY!!!! That is one thing that I keep trying to teach myself and learn over and over and over! I think one day I’ll get it! Lol!!! ONE DAY!!! But it’s getting closer to that day! And I LIKE IT! I like this new freedom I feel!!! I hope I can make it last!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment