Thursday, February 24, 2011

Family Contact Made

I made contact! My Aunt Sue called me a few nights and talked to me about my Grandma Ada. I felt bad asking her so many questions about Ada, and hardly any questions about herself. But, the good thing is that in time I’ll be able to talk to Aunt Sue and build a relationship with her. So here are some interesting facts about my Grandma:

She was Irish and English (I think I’m going to take advantage of the whole Irish thing and maybe start drinking a little…. Or a lot…. Lol!)
She was very smart and could do anything that she wanted to do. She sewed, cooked, embroidered, sang, yodeled (that was funny to hear) and she was the Valedictorian of her high school! (I am the same way! I do all of those things except for the yodeling. I do not let anything hold me back from doing what I want. I find it pretty easy to do most things, and have accomplished a lot of things that other people find a challenge, in a very little amount of time. I often don’t see the “big deal” while others are making a big deal. If I would of applied myself in high school I probably would of graduated as the valedictorian too! I wonder if I would of known that while I was in school if I would have tried harder.)
She was born in 1928, she died when she was 43 years old of breast cancer. (I will be getting checked ASAP!)
She was funny, but often times no one understood her humor and she and her sister (aunt sue) would crack themselves up while everyone else just looked at them like they were nuts. (Okay people, this happens to me on a daily basis! No lie!)
She played Softball and Basketball in high school, my grandpa would go watch her play and that’s how they met. He moved away from Arkansas to California to work, but came back to Arkansas to marry her.

I guess this doesn’t tell me everything about her, but these are some pretty good things to know! I wish I would of known these things sooner, but I’m grateful that I know them now! I look forward to building a relationship with my relatives that haven’t been so close to me in the past! This is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment