Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness…



This week my random act of kindness has been to leave notes for people. So, I’ve left 2 notes so far, both on the desks of my co-workers with a little chocolate. Just a note to say Hi, thank you, I love you, and I think you are pretty great. It’s a great rush to leave these sneaky little letters around! I like it. I like it so much, that I decided I would add in a few extra acts that I just make up because I felt like it. So, in addition to the notes, I’ve also said hello and introduced myself to a co-worker I didn’t know, and ended up having lunch with him. And that has turned out to be a nice friend so far, so that’s pretty exciting too! I’m learning to open myself up to new experiences and see what happens, and you know what, it’s not so bad, or so hard! I do it with James in mind, because he was so friendly, and open hearted. He had to say hello to everyone he passed, and he liked to make sure people always felt good around him. You never know who you might meet in this world, or how they are going to affect your life, so why not try to meet everyone and impacted in the most wonderful way! Now, that’s something to live for!!!
I hope I inspire one of you (my 7 readers) to do something for someone, just because you feel like it, and don’t expect anything in return. It’s a good lesson on unconditional love! Go for it! What do you have to lose??

3 comments:

  1. I have just started reading your blog, and I just wanted to tell you that it has had me in tears a few times. I am so sorry for your loss, but I am also very inspired by your ability to stay positive and try to show kindness to those around you :) I am going to try a "random act of kindness" today, so thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this random? Does leaving a comment count as random?

    Chin up girlie, the best is yet to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both!!!

    It's getting better every day!

    ReplyDelete