Monday, January 31, 2011

When the Stars line up


AMOS LEE rocked!!!!! It was the best experience I’ve ever had! I was so excited to be there at the concert to see someone that I really enjoy listening to, and he happened to play so great that it made the night even better! I brought the Guitar Hero with me to the show, and he REALLY enjoyed the show with me! He kept yelling “thank you!!!!” It was great!!! The Guitar Hero is great too! I think Friday night was one of the best nights of my life! I’m going to give you a rundown. He came over right after work, and he was already ready, but I wasn’t, so while I got ready, he played his guitar and sang for me. Every once in a while I would hear his made up lyrics “my girl’s so cute, I love watching her getting ready” It was very cute! We were both very nervous, but we both made ourselves get over it. As soon as I was ready, we left and headed to Down Town Disney where Amos was playing. I had to play all of my favorite Amos songs for him on our car ride over, and of course sing them at the top of my lungs to prove how much I loved them! We decided to have dinner at Down Town Disney, which was really great! The Guitar Hero will not let me open a door. EVER. I’ve never known someone like that! Usually it’s not a big deal to the guy I’m with, but with Guitar Hero, he will never let me open a door, and if I do get to the door first, he has to make a comment about how I opened the door. It’s pretty cute! So we had dinner, and afterwards we went to the concert. We got our drinks and our standing area picked out and waited for Amos. We had a lot of time to chat and kiss and chat and laugh and giggle. I swear I feel like I’m back in high school! The concert started and Amos was so great! Better than I even imagined! I was in heaven, on one side of me was Amos Lee, performing, only 20 feet away from me, and on the other side of me was this great guy who really wanted to be there with me, who was having just as much fun as I was having, and I get to call him my guy. It was an amazing feeling! It was like when all the stars line up, and everything goes right. I had no worries, no cares; nothing mattered because I was living in that one perfect moment. Nothing can ever take that moment away from me. It’s been replaying in my head over and over and every time it gets better and better.

There’s this one thing that I can’t stop thinking about. One of those “sign” kind of things. I’ve only been to 1 concert in my life before this past weekend. The day that I bought the Amos Lee tickets, I was just driving and singing, and I thought “I’ve never been to his website, I’m going to check it out” When I did, I saw that he had upcoming shows, and I really wanted to go. I texted the Guitar Hero and said “are you available Friday nights for a concert?” He said “yea” and I bought the tickets. He had no idea who I even wanted to see, and at this point, I had only been out with him once. I didn’t really know much about him or what he liked to do. Well it turns out that going to concerts is one of his favorite things to do. When he found out who we were going to see, he didn’t really know who he


was, but he was still excited to go. Well as we started hanging out more and more I would play Amos Lee and he started to like it more and more. When we saw the show he LOVED it, which I didn’t have any doubts that he wouldn’t! The strange thing to me is… me = never going to concerts, him = loves going to concerts, me = never stepping out of my box to do new things, me = decided to step out of my box, him = loved that a cool chick took him to a cool ass concert, (he said a girl has NEVER taken him to a concert) me = wow, it’s weird that I never go to concerts, and I invited this cool guy, and he really liked it, and this is “his thing”. I hope you get what I’m trying to say. It’s just weird how it all fell into place, how the stars all lined up and everything went right.

It’s so easy to be with the Guitar Hero! It’s cool to have someone who I think is very cool to go and do fun things with! I don’t have to constantly check on him to make sure he is “okay” or having a good time. It’s almost like when we are together, no one else is around, it’s just us 2, and everything goes right. I never had such an easy fun carefree, but at the same time, serious and meaningful time with someone. It’s preeeety great!

1 comment:

  1. What? You actually live in the OC? I thought that was just a dream post. You never told me we were neighbors!

    I'm sad I missed hearing him on NPR.

    ReplyDelete